It’s hard to believe the holidays are coming up fast! If you feel overwhelmed shopping for your child with ADHD, we have you covered. Check out this 2022 ADHD holiday gift guide with our favorite gifts that support ADHD brains and are SO much fun!
And bonus – we put together a list of some of our favorite gifts for mamas, too… because we all could use a little pampering this holiday season.
Note: The Childhood Collective is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program. As an Amazon Associate, we earn from qualifying purchases, at no cost to you!
2022 Holiday Gift Guide for Kids with ADHD
- Calm Strips – We LOVE these for kids and parents with ADHD! These are handy little strips that your child can quickly put under their desk or on a notebook to allow them to fidget in a non-distracting way. The repetition of feeling these calm strips can give your child (or you!) a bit of calm and regulation during your day.
- Gymnastics kip bar – Katie’s and Lori’s kids are obsessed with this bar. Without it, they would never survive indoor play during the hot Arizona summers!
- Breathing Ball – No holiday gift guide for ADHD kids would be complete without fidgets. We know we know…your kids probably have a million fidgets at home. But we love this one because you can teach your child to hold it before their belly and take deep breaths while expanding the ball. When they exhale, they can contract the sphere. It doubles as a fidget and a relaxation tool… Mal’s boys love this one!
- Time Timer watches + timers – (get 5% off with code: TCC) – We love all of the tools from Time Timer, and their digital kids’ watch has become a fast favorite for our kids! We love this because it builds independence, especially at school. And, of course, we love the Time Timer Mod and use it throughout the day with our kids at home. The creamsicle color is so cute too!
- Noise-cancelling headphones – Many of our kids with ADHD get distracted (and overwhelmed!) by all the little noises in their environment. These headphones are fabulous for both home and school to limit distractions and help your child focus. And they look fabulous on top of it!
- Zenimal (get 5% off with code: TCC) – We all use Zenimal to help our kids fall asleep at night. These guided meditations are perfect for quieting busy and overly anxious brains and have beautiful messages (each one ends with, “You’re a good kid.”). BONUS: no screen is involved so that they can use it alone at night. They also make an adult version for parents, which is equally impressive! And check out the Pocket Mouse collection too. Lori’s daughter prefers to listen to bedtime stories, which are so cute!
- Hoot Owl Hoot – This game is perfect for kids who tend to get overly competitive in games! Everyone works together on a team, giving an excellent opportunity to practice teamwork and flexibility.
- Marble tower – Kids with ADHD are creative and develop remarkable ways to build fun and unique towers. And watching those balls roll down provides so much excitement. This toy gives your child a fantastic outlet for their energy and creativity. It also builds executive functioning skills. This is another favorite in Mal’s house!
- Magnatiles – Magnatiles are one of the best gifts for any kid, especially those with ADHD. Again, it allows them to build, design, and show off their creativity. And it can keep their busy hands occupied while you complete ALL the household chores!
- Sensory sock – When we polled our audience on Instagram for sensory ideas to help busy bodies, this was the top recommendation (from parents and occupational therapists alike!)
2022 Holiday Gift Guide for Parents
- Online ADHD Parenting Courses – We now offer TWO excellent ADHD parenting courses, Creating Calm (for strategies at home) and Shining at School (for strategies at school). This gift will support you all year long! And if you would like to gift our courses to someone else, email us at firstname.lastname@example.org for a gift card.
- Noise-cancelling earbuds – If you are a parent with ADHD, you also know that noises can cause a lot of distractibility and sensory overwhelm! These earbuds are excellent for blocking out noise and aren’t too noticeable if you need to use them at work.
- Biossance face oil – Lori’s favorite face product has made a massive difference in her skin! It makes an excellent gift for yourself or others and smells fantastic. Lori swears combining this inexpensive glycolic acid at night with this face oil has resulted in the most glowing skin she has ever had…at age 40!
- Flecks of Golf Journal (Get 10% off with code TCC)! – this is a beautiful journal that another mama created. It only takes a few minutes to write down one thing that happened each day, and by the end of the year, you have hundreds of sweet memories. This journal lasts three years; we have all used it for a few years! This year, they also have a printable version for kids. Katie is excited to start using it with her kids every night.
- Vuori Joggers – Whenever we have a meeting, you can bet that at least two of us will show up wearing a pair of these! They are cozy and cute, definitely one of our favorite clothing items. And they make an excellent gift for friends!
- Cozy socks – Yes, we live in the sunny desert, but it still gets freezing at night in the winter. We LOVE these cozy socks!
- Dishwasher clean/dirty sign – When we asked our Instagram audience for help with the clean/dirty dishwasher dilemma, this was the top recommendation! This is a game changer if you can NEVER remember if you have already washed your dishes!
- Lulu lookalike sweatshirt – This sweatshirt looks VERY similar to a much more expensive name brand (wink wink!) and comes in tons of adorable colors. This one is Lori’s current favorite and is so warm and cozy!
- Cute backpack – This backpack is super cute and a steal! When you are juggling all the snacks and water bottles, a backpack is a MUST.
- Drawer organizer – Mal loves this drawer organizer to keep things simple in the kitchen. No more random-shaped boxes of baggies! Even parents with ADHD can look and feel organized with this fantastic drawer organizer.
Happy shopping, friends! Have a beautiful holiday season.
Lori, Katie, and Mallory
We put this list together just for fun. This post has affiliate links, meaning we may receive a commission if you purchase using these links.