Up to 80% of children with ADHD have at least one other diagnosis. Parents are often left wondering, “Is there more going on, or is it ‘just’ ADHD?” If you have asked this question, you are not alone! Today we are diving into the most common diagnoses that often go along with ADHD: specific learning disorders, speech and language disorders, anxiety, depression, and autism. Join us as we talk about key signs to look for when deciding if your child needs more support!
MEET OUR TEAM
We are Lori, Mallory, and Katie. Lori and Mallory are child psychologists, and Katie is a speech language pathologist. Most importantly, we are moms, just like you.
We created this podcast and community to help you find joy and confidence in raising your child with ADHD.
Every parent knows that sleep is a BIG DEAL! We have to tell you about one of our favorite parenting tools, the Zenimal. When bedtime rolls around, we use this screen-free meditation tool for EACH of our kids (really, we do!). It’s amazing for kids who are feeling anxious or need a little help calming their busy bodies before bed. The best part? Each meditation ends with the most beautiful message: “You’re a good kid.”
Bonus: Head to https://zenimals.com/TCC and use the code TCC to get a site-wide discount.
RESOURCES + LINKS
- Blog Post: Which Specialists Diagnose and Treat ADHD?
- Blog Post: Is it ADHD or Autism? Or Both?
- Blog post: Why Every Child with ADHD Needs a Speech and Language Evaluation
- FREE School Guide: Free Guid to School Accommodations
- Online Courses for ADHD at Home and School: Creating Calm + Shining at School
- Zenimals Website: use code: TCC for a discount!
- The Childhood Collective
- The Childhood Collective Instagram
- The Childhood Collective Youtube
- Have a question or want to share some thoughts? Shoot us an email at email@example.com
Lori, Katie, and Mallory